Friday 1 March 2013

Midnight Done

This poem is cobbled together from a few other poems that didn't work out.  I got it to a workable place, I think.  I intend to continue molding it until it becomes a bit more flowing.  Sorry for the roughness.  Look forward to tomorrow though.  I've been working with an old French form called sestina. It is very rigid and not at all what I'm used to.  Super exciting!

Photo by Alykat

You had me feeling helpless,
In your honeyed hurricane wake.
You left me laying like a driftwood sculpture,
On the sand.

I want you to know,
I don't understand things the way you do.
God scares the Hell out of me.

Every morning,
I hack up my sins,
And spit them in the sink,
Before I kiss you.

I don't want you to taste my lack of faith.

I should have written you a love song instead,
But words can't be pawned like violins.

I never meant to tell you the truth,
But the truth is,
I always want to live in your mind,
As the one that never hurt that bad.

I want to make a splash in your life.
No. Splashes.
Like cherries dropped on sundaes from skyscrapers.
Now there's whipped mess everywhere.
What the hell was I thinking?

I guess love was never meant to be clean.

I really should have written you a love song.
But excuses are made of rain,
So you'll get this instead.
Dessicated music.

Sorry.








No comments:

Post a Comment